We are encouraging people to have their say on a plan for West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service.
A six week public consultation has started into the Integrated Risk Management Plan which outlines how it intends to use its resources to help protect the public in the future.
The consultation runs until Monday 28 May.
The plan explains the fire service’s activities in detail on:
- Prevention – educating the community on how to reduce risks through safe and well visits, school visits and other training.
- Protection – providing safer public spaces within the built environment, fire safety inspections and enforcement.
- Response – sending fire appliances and firefighters to emergency incidents. This can include fires, road traffic collisions, flooding etc.
- People – how we address the challenges we face in delivering a highly trained, diverse workforce.
- Value for money – ensuring everything we do is as cost efficient as possible.
- Partnership and collaboration – how we will work with other organisations to achieve our organisational aims.
The public consultation asks people to comment on the priorities identified by the West Sussex Fire Authority, part of West Sussex County Council’s functions.
To read the draft IRMP and to take part in the consultation please go to www.westsussex.gov.uk/IRMP2018
If you would like the survey and/or other information in an alternative format (eg. a paper copy) please contact us:
Telephone: 01243 777100
In writing: IRMP public consultation, Communications Team, West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service, County Hall, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1RG